Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connection via ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjw2006

Programmer
Nov 16, 2006
GB
Hi, I've need to connect to a remote SQL Server instance that is not currently on our network. I've managed to get all the relevant ports open (1433) and can ping and telnet to the server. Is there any way to connect to this SQL Server instance via ip address in Crystal Reports?

Thanks.

CR XI R2
SQL Server 2008 (SQL Express version)

it is my understanding, that you use the connections you have defined via odbc. So,, can you define and connect via odbc?

Hi, the report is running fine from the designer with an ODBC connection successfully, but when I upload it to Infoview, it's giving me an error. I've set up a identical ODBC connection on the machine that the Crystal Enterprise Server is on and when I test the connection, it comes back with connection successful - would you know why this is not working in Infoview?

Thanks

CR XI R2
Windows XP SP3
SQL Server 2008 SQLExpress

Just coming back with "failed to open the connection" and it's an error from the reportjobserver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back