Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection to server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbloke01

Programmer
Jan 21, 2002
AU

I'm having trouble connecting my computer through a local network using FTP. It can connect, and I can upload and download files no worries when I dial in from my computer, but when I dial in using my server Dreamweaver keeps crashing and freezes.

The internet is fine to use through the server, but Dreamweaver keeps dying. Do I have to change any FTP or other settings in Dreamweaver 4?

Thanks

Kris

I can't upload my files via Dreamweaver's FTP facility when I use my work PC, which is networked. Are you on a proxy server? If so, it may well be that there isn't much you can do personally. Here's what the Macromedia site says:

Proxy servers
Proxy servers must be logged in to before entering or exiting a network. If there is a proxy between you and your Web server, you need to log in to both the proxy and the server. Dreamweaver only has one Login and Password field to set, so it cannot be set for both the proxy and the server. If you need to connect via a proxy server, either enter the login and password commands using the Command line of the FTP Site Log, if you feel confident doing so, or use another FTP client to connect to your Web server.

(The URL is:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back