Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connection to Oracle8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICSFAB

Programmer
Jun 11, 1999
US
I need to know the details of connection to Oracle, either through ODBC or using Oracle's connection.<br>
<br>
I have set up ODBC for SQL-Server before. Not sure how to get the connect string and a data source name out of Oracle to use in configuring ODBC driver. Also - is there a driver for version 8 of Oracle, or will the older driver work? THX (A)

I believe you will need to install SQLNET from an Oracle CD on every machine. You may also need an tnsnames.ora file created by your dba in order to resolve the server names.<br>
<br>
I would also recommend NOT using Oracle's ODBC drivers with Crystal Reports since I have seen this produce INCORRECT data. You should be ok if you use Microsoft or Intersolv / Crystal Reports ODBC drivers for Oracle.<br>
<br>
--Michael Dowdie<br>
Developer<br>
ReCrystallize Web Publishing Wizard for Seagate Crystal Reports<br>
<br>
<br>
"Need to put your Crystal Reports on the web by the end of the day? Relax. ReCrystallize."<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back