Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection to host lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDUserSergey

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
RU
Hello. I work with TSW sp6 + WinFIOL 6.4. And I have a problem. Any times a week a manage TCP-channel is down ! And WinFIOL write: "Connection to host lost". It's very pity ! A WinFIOL Sheduler want to make any next commands. But not be able ! A WinFIOL Monitor not able to analyze that. How can I know that manage Channel is down and reload it ? Sorry, to reload I write a small command file. But how to find a "Connection to host lost" automatically and transmit my command-file ?

Another way. WinFIOL writes a print log-files, where it writes all done commands and MD-answers. How to switch-ON a WinFIOL function to write in those log-files a service prints like "Connection to host lost" ? I see it by my eyes, but now WinFIOL not writes tham to log-fule ! How to switch-ON it ?

Hi

It is many years ago now but when I worked on MD110 all the time there is message that Winfiol outputs to say it's about to time out, before you lose connection. I placed the trigger in Winfiol when his message was received to send ';' and it stays logged in until you log off manually, but it is so long ago I can't recall the exact message, but it's the same on all MD110/TSW systems, so log on and wait for the time out message,

best parnum

Yes, You are right, it was a problem when noone not manage a MD/TSW Channel. From any time it show a string "TIME OUT WARNING" and then connection lost. But many years ago I solve a problem with "TIME OUT WARNING" - I write in "WinFIOL Monitoring" any commands to continue a connection. Yes, I solve it. Now it is not a problem. Now I have a problem with IP-connection when a power of manage PC is not ideal. Or when I build a manage Channel #1 by my 3G-modem. Now a connection down by TCP. A task is to find a string about a fact that connection is lost. Listen, I work with 2 manage WinFIOL Channels same time and I think I be able to restart a Channel #1 then it down by sending a command file to connected Channel #2. And I do it any times. But. But ! I not be able to find a string "## Connection to host lost" or "Connection to host lost" or anything else to start to transmit a command file to workung Channel #2 to restart Channel #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back