Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection to control unit restarted message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero6

Technical User
Oct 20, 2016
CW
Hi All,

I have an issue with an avaya server edition.
It seems that the avaya server edition sends a message that connection to the "control unit restarted"
THis is the primary server and then you have the secondary server and the control unit that has the E1 trunks on it
for some reason after programming a J139 avaya phone on the primary unit the issue started.
And the phones on the primary unit will register to the secondary unit.
The avaya is version 11.1.24
The none of the servers reboot, but the phones restart and go to secondary server

Has anyone encountered this type of issue, or know what type og logs I should check?

Thank you in advance

maybe the IP Office appliance restarts while the server stays up?

Usual question though, did you restart the entire server already?

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

That sounds like resilience kicking in. For that to happen, both the phones and the secondary IP Office were not able to communicate with the primary for at least 3 minutes (that's the time after which the phones will start registering with the secondary and the secondary will accept their registration).

If as you say the primary has remained up and running the whole time, then its most likely a network issue - so what else controlling network routing is on the network between the primary and the other components?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi all,

West: Yes the server stays up and phones restart and I have restarted the primary server.

Sizbut: the firewall does the routing for the network, all 3 units (Primary, secondary, control unit) ip are put in the same routing policy.
The pbx gives ip to the phones.
I also did ping to see if I lose ip connection of the primary but nothing happened.
Also just like you said in 3 minutes it gave me the same message
The pbx is on their own vlan

Maybe the port of the switch is acting up? Want to try and switch on the other port

Is this a regular thing or just a one off?

Hi Sizbut,

Did started this Monday after programming a J139
I deleted that ext for j139 just to be sure.

Longshot: The J139 had the same IP address as the primary IP Office LAN1 or LAN2. That would truly confuse the secondary and other phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back