Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection to Apache server (Connection Refused)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempsup

MIS
Sep 10, 2003
GB
Hi, I have finished setting up a sparc system running solaris 8, Apache, Php, Perl and Mysql.

I tried accessing the index.html from another PC in the same network. But I keep getting the error message "Connection Refused". Can anyone help?

(BTW the sparc system was set up using a Win2k system via telnet.)

If you are getting that error from your intranet only, then you may need to enable VPN pass-through on your router/firewall. This is usually done by enabling IPSec and PPTP. On some Windows networks, it's just a matter of adding your local host names and ip addresses to your "Hosts" file.

Thanks, but where is the "Hosts" files?

It sould be in your Windows directory. You will see a sample file called Hosts.sam. Edit this and save it as Hosts. If you have a lot of Windows machines, this may not be the best way to go. One option could be to setup your own dns server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back