Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection String

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDW1969

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2002
US
Help for newbie. I have an asp.net project that I am yaking over. It is written in C# with a MySQL as the backend. I can't locate the connection string. In the web config file I see this

<appSettings>
<add key="ServerSideViewState" value="true"/>
</appSettings>

Which is where I thought the connection string was to be located. Any help would be great. Sorry if there isn't enough info, like I said I am very new to .NET.

Connection strings don't have to be in one particular place. If it is a multi-tier application then look in the data access layer to see if it is there. It can really be anywhere, in any class...

Have a look at how the connection string is called from the code that executes the SQL (paste it here if necessary).

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

you need to add one for yourself..here is an example...
Code:
<appSettings>
    <add key="ServerSideViewState" value="true"/>
   <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=localhost;database=Northwind;uid=sa;password=secret;" />
</appSettings>

-DNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back