Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection String for MS OLAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bygbobbo

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
US
I am new to Cold Fusion and was wondering if anyone has tried to query a MS SQL OLAP database???

If so could you give me the appropriate connectstring for the query tag..

Thanks....

cfquery name="testOLAP" dbtype="dynamic" connectstring=""

thanks in advance,
Bygs

You may want to read thread232-644935.
Regards,
mansii

I am aware of the DSN - Less connections not being available in MX and Im a bit dissapointed that the flexibility has been taken away.

That being the case have you ever added an OLAP Cube (MS SQL Server) to the ODBC settings.

If so can you point me in the direction of some literature or the steps you took to make that happen.

Thanks,
Bygs

First, I never used MS SQL server nor SQL database. Second, I use CF 5. Upgrading to MX is still a consideration. I am so sorry that I cannot help you any further. But this link might help:

I do not understand the (human) language, but when I see the codes, I guess that this is what you are looking for.
If it is, please let me know so I can use it as a refference when my MX is coming.

Regards,
mansii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back