Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection String, Excel to Access, FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathleen422

Technical User
Apr 9, 2004
US
This is my first post in this forum. You all come highly recommended. Please excuse my attempt to explain. I have a feeling it might be a little long winded.

GOAL:
Create a prn file, update an access database, generate reporting from web.

Steps:
1) I have a user that receives an Excel file via email.
2) User detaches file, runs an Excel Macro that adds additional information, validates and verifies.

3) File is saved and emailed to Accounting for upload into PeopleSoft Financials.

4) When the file is opened in Accounting another series of macros are run. These macros open up and Access database and append the new rows of data. This table is maintained on a shared drive.

PROBLEMS:

Accounting User cannot update the web, therefore I created a linked table in the web access database to the Access database that she can update on the shared drive.

Web is maintained through FrontPage, FrontPage allows the linked table and shows all of the data if you view it through Access.

My issue is that when the asp code runs and it attempts to connect to the linked table it comes back with an error that the path is invalid.

Does someone have a connection string that will allow me to do this? Or does someone have a connection string that will allow the Accounting User to update the web database.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back