Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection refused 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

atquevale

Technical User
May 14, 2001
IT
Hi admins.
Our Legato server is on a Solaris 7 platform; version is 6.1.1. I've got some problems on a Windows2000 client (Legato version 6.1.1 too): every time I try to start the backup with a group, I get the following error message:Connection refused
nsrexec: nsrexecd on host.domain.com is unavailable. Using rsh instead
Backup with Networker user works without problems (with the same server!). I tried to ping client from server and server from client (that's ok); I tried rpcinfo -p on client name: that's ok.
Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

atquevale

It sounds like the networker client isn't running on the client machine, or maybe not responding. Have you stopped/started the client piece?

Thanks!
Networker client is running; I tried to restart it, but nothing seems to happen. I'll read the bulletin and I'll let you know.

Thanks for your sugestions.

atquevale

On Unix ,check if networker client is started with -s servername.
On an NT client, verify that the "servers" file which is located in the ~\nsr\res directory, contains the name of the backup server, along with all of its aliases. Once the change to this file has been made, you would need to restart nsrexecd.

HI admins.
It was an aliasing error: the NT client has two network interfaces with two different hostname. Whe had to change client name to the second interface name.
Now it works.

Thanks for your help

atquevale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back