Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connection problems (pcAnywhere 10.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezdread

Technical User
Oct 23, 2000
GB
hi all,

I'm having a few problems connecting properly to a host computer over my network.

I use the Remote Access Perimeter Scanner that comes with pcAnywhere and when the host is waiting it shows up as 192.168.1.103 - Silent (Unknown) Server
1 Connection made

so I open Remotes and access the server. It does connect but instead of me viewing the desktop of the server I get a window that looks more like a DOS window with a flashing cursor. It is the same window I see when I connect through File Transfer?

I can't type or do anything in this window, does anyone know what is going wrong and how I can get access to the server so I can see everything on its screen?

The host pc is running win2k server and the remote is running win xp pro. No firewalls, no other connection problems between these pc's.

Thanks in advance

Tezdread
"With every solution comes a new problem"

I have had that when the remote computer had an invalid drive mapping. Such as drive H: points to a share that no longer exists.
Disconnect all mappings and try again.

Thanks for your help, I've disconnected all the mapped and shared drives and restarted my system but still the same problem?

Tezdread

I found what the problem was...I used to have ZoneAlarm installed on the systems I was trying to connect to, I thought I had fully removed it but I was wrong.

After closer inspection I found windows\zonelabs directory and here was a file called vsmon.exe and it was this file that was blocking the connection from pcAnywhere...all sorted now :) Tezdread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back