Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection problem Server/Clerk on two machines linux (ACE_TAO 5.6.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tian1982

Programmer
Jan 19, 2009
FR
Hello,

I am using the ACE_TAO version 5.6.6. I am trying to establish a Logging service between two machines running Linux on the local network. I used the example in the ACE_wrappers/netsvcs directory.

1. Server (Machine uei16)
For the server, in the directory ACE_wrappers/netsvcs/servers, the configuration file, svc.conf, is set as below (containing only the Logging service, listening to port 20020):

dynamic Server_Logging_Service Service_Object * netsvcs:_make_ACE_Server_Logging_Acceptor() active "-p 20020"

2. Clerk (Machine mpsoc2)
In the same directory, the svc.conf file is configured as below so as to the sever host is set to uei16, and the port correspond to the server port.

dynamic Client_Logging_Service Service_Object * netsvcs:_make_ACE_Client_Logging_Acceptor() active "-h uei16 -p 20020"

When we start the two program on the two separated machines, it gives a connection failure:

can't connect to logging server uei16 on port 20020: No route to host, using stderr

But when I do a "ping uei16", the route really exists.

Could you please tell me how this problem come, or in which part of the whole ACE_TAO release lies the program responsible for the connection setup?

Thank you very much,

Tian

You either need to specify the endpoint or a naming service. Try endpoint to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back