Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection Pooling and Connection Attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casemore

Technical User
Feb 3, 2004
GB
Hi,

does anyone know if Informatica uses connection pooling when it is connecting to a database? In other words would, say, a sqlnet.log entry for a session (connecting to an Oracle database) log a number of connection entries for the same mapping/session?

Also, is there a standard number of attempts that Informatica tries to connect to a database before it comes back as a connection error? It seems that Informatica will only log this once in it's session logs but I'm wondering if there is a set number of times (or a timeout setting?) it will attempt in the background before it logs?

For info, I'm using PowerCenter 5.1.1, attempting a connection to an Oracle 8i database.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes Informatica does use connection pooling! If you need anymore advise please ask me as I sit at the next desk to you.

Simmo

cheers

simmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back