Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection License on Second Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

monju

Technical User
Feb 15, 2001
AU
Hi,

Hope someone will be able to assist with an issue that I am having.

I have installed a second Netware 5.1 server SRVB in the same OU as the previous one.

The first server SRVA in this OU is setup with an MLA license with Server License associated with container.
In addition a 500 MLA connections License has been installed and assigned to

The second server in this OU is SRVB which I have installed as normal. SRVB takes server license from
the Server License as I can see the unit in the details of the License.

Unfortunately I cannot map network drive to SRVB, however I am able to use explorer to browse to the
volumes. I believe that this is because I am given a grace connection to the server. I have also deduced
this by using the command PM TRACE.

The message that I receive is QUOTE
11:40:56 displayLicErrMessage (7, Policy Manager - (5.00-017): Unable to obtain a connection license
unit. NLS is unable to find a license certificate. Verify that a connection certificate is propertly
installed and that license units are available. Error # C000105 (SSMITH.APEC.)
, 257)
11:40:56: Netware Alert Notify Bits 4 (notify & Console=0)
11:40:56: RequestNLSConnLicense: return=1
11:40:56: Connection 257 GRANTED grace
ENDQUOTE

I have looked up numerous TID specially TID 10017016 which outlines fixes. Perfomed as stated in TID
with same results as above.

Any assistance or advise will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely
Monju

Have you installed any Support Packs on the NetWare v5.1 Servers yet? If not, DEFINITELY do so! It should clear up your issues.

If the above doesn't take care of it, run SETUPNLS from the Server Prompt. Login as ADMIN and follow the screens.

Good Luck!

Hi salserocito,

NW51SP4 has been already been applied to server.
SETUPNLS had also been run on server.

Any other clues????

Thanks
Monju

When you ran NW51SP4, did it extend the Schema successfully? You may want to verify that.

You can also delete the existing license objects and re-run SETUPNLS.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back