Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNick

Technical User
Jun 26, 2009
US
Hello everyone,

I have an Access 2003 adp and connected to SQl2005 server. It has been running fine but the last few months, I received a lot of message "Connection Failure" and I basically have to end task the database and restart it. I have checked the SQL server and the Access database and could not find a cause. I google the subject and tried the suggested fixes but with no success and is still getting this error message. Anyone has encountered this problem with their ADP? Is the problem originated from Access, or SQL server or the network itself?
Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

Is the problem originated from Access, or SQL server or the network itself?

Yes. Since it has been working for a while, I'd expect 2 things though, a patch change that changed a setting to make things better, or a network problem. It could also be your timeout settings on the file... Beyond that... have you made a fresh ADP connected to your server, and imported all the Access only objects? Unfortunately these are needle in a haystack type things...

Do you have problems with any other SQL connections? If not it would seem something specific to Access or specific client network connection (have you swapped network cables, ports on switches and switched client computer).

Those are just some kitchen sink ideas. Happy hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back