Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection Failed: \\Site Server\root\sms\site_code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid

MIS
Dec 11, 2001
CA
I am receiving the "Connection Failed: \\Site Server\root\sms\site_code" error on my admin console. This happened right after I installed some Microsoft critical updates.

Do you know if there are updates that may conflict with connecting to the SMS site server. I have tried running the console from the site server itself and still no go.

I am running SMS 2.0 SP5 on Windows 2000 Server. The site server is on a different server from the SMS database.

Update.

I am only able to run the Admin console from the database server. The site server shows the folowing error in the esvent viewer.

DCOM error DCOM got error "General access denied error " from the computer <database server> when attempting to activate the server: {8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back