Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connecting with excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark94411

Technical User
Jun 27, 2001
US
Hi everyone,
I am trying to view some tables using excel as my application. The problem im having is that i can't see the tables i created. I connect fine using import data from oracle. I know the connection is fine because i can see the dictionary views but i can't see the data tables created by me. Can anybody shed some light on my problem, Iam using oracle 8i on a windows2k server platform. if any body can help me on this matter or tell me how to view my tables with other application like access I will greatly appriciated.

thank you

This is if you are using get external data in Excel.
First. Do the person that you are logging on have access to the schema.
Second. When you are in the display add table screen there is an option button click on it and make sure that the tick tables are selected.

Hope this helps if not let me know because i am using excel as a query tool for oracle

thanks richard your advised was helpful. I can now see the tables but I cant see the data in the tables. I see the columns but no data is display in the excel spreadsheet. I know the user has the proper rights because from sqlplus i can see the data in the table just not from excel. Can you help me with this problem thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back