Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting voice through

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonieteck

Technical User
Jun 23, 2011
GH
I have a TDA200 installed in location A, now there is a project office in location B which is 150 metres away. My client does not want to install another PBX but wants to utilise the extensions in TDA200. Location B has internet connection from A, using point to point radio.
Any help as to how to do this? Either VoIP or radio.

Not sure how to do this with PT extensions, but if you could use IP extensions (KX-NT343 for example) then that would just tie into their existing data network. The problem is the TDA is not network-compatible (USB only), so you would need either the IP-EXT card or upgrade the MPR card to the TDE version in order to use IP-based extensions.

mlftpm, please how is the IP-EXT card configured, I have not installed on before. I would rather like to use that one.

What speed do you have on the point to point link. I have a few sites using this and it works great.
Just install a tda0470 card. The setup for the ip address is in card property's and you just reg the ip phones to the system. The reset is just like any digital phone

It might if it was wireless broadband. But he says he has a wireless bridge between both buildings, si I can't see any problems if he has the bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back