Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting two ACS systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

csujoe

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2003
US
I have a customer that has max'd out their ACS system and wants to put a second ACS in and tie them together. The best I can figure is to tie a few CO lines from to the extension lines of the other and vice-versa but the thoughts of using the system to call between the two is not working out so well.

Anyone got any better ideas or recommendations?

Joe Graves

You would be better served to install a Magix, reuse the Partner phones by using ETR boards, put it in Hybrid mode but don't put any lines in pools, assign them to each extension as a "private line" so it still looks like a key system (unless they're ready to take the plunge into a PBX)

Hi csujoe,
I agree with TouchToneTommy, except I would change the phones too. The biggest reason for changing the phones is that the phones will not work like Partner phones any more. But the customer will try to use them the same way. You honestly don't need the grief. Go with the TDL phones.
-Chris

I will consider thas something to not attempt. Thanks for the input.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back