Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to the Internet through Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordguy

Technical User
Dec 29, 2004
US
Hi I have a K700i Mobile phone and I am having difficulty connecting through to the Internet. I have set up a dial up connection and the phone is able to connect to my computer. My mobile connects through bluetooth. My problem is I also use the computer through a LAN to access the internet and this works correctly but when i am on the road I require the use of my phone to access the internet. I am using Internet Explorer and what happens is the page cannot be displayed is shown within the browser window. I have received detailed instructions from both Sony and my Cell phone network. Any help or advise you may be able to provide me will be greatly received.

on the road? I think you need GPRS or set your home PC as a dialup server and use GSM to dial to your PC and gain access to Internet via your PC but that costs you GSM charge also.

You'll only be able to use Bluetooth to gain access to Internet if you have another bluetooth device already connected to the Internet like a bluetooth modem or a PC with bluetooth and related services.

Think of bluetooth as the replacement of infra-red only...you won't use infra-red to access the Internet on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back