Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to stored procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1000

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
US
Does anyone have an example of how to use RDC to call a Crystal report that uses a stored procedure?

I am using SetLogonInfo (server), (database), (user), (password)

but cannot get anything back.

How do we specify the stored procedure name in this string? I tried different variations of the stored procedure name in the "database" field but nothing worked.

I do not know how to express this using the RDC, but crystal out of the box does not see stored procedures. You must change the file options to report against an SP.

In version 8.5, click on file, options, database and make sure the stored procedures check box is checked.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I use the API (CRPE32) to connect and use the following methods to connect/set location of the stored procedure/disconnect from a server:

PELogOnServer
PESetNthTableLocation
PELogOffServer

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back