Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to SQL DB. How?????? Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyborg

Programmer
May 11, 2002
US
I have a site with a DSN database (SQL db) which I would like to be able to back up for the client's peace of mind - he's really paranoid about losing it.

I can see, with UD4, the dsns on the application server, now how do I download the database to save it???? I'm new to this particular area of development, so I'm sorry if it's a stupid question. :eek:)

Any input would be helpful. If there is a program that makes it easier to login and download it, I would appreciate knowing about it as well.

ladyborg64x64.gif
Ladyborg
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." [Thomas A. Edison]

Hi,
assuming this is SQL Server, go to the Enterprise Manager and find the database, click on it, you should then have the option of backing it up.

Digga

Sharing Knowledge Saves Valuable Time!

what are you connecting with

php, asp, cfm, jsp?

cuz you can try google and type somehthing like "connect to a sql database using php" and that would bring up the syntax to do so

[Hammer]
Nike Failed Slogans -- "Just Don't Do It!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back