Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to OLAP data source

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1000

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
US
Is it possible to connect to an OLAP data source using the RDC API?

We are using Crystal Reports XI and are connecting to a Hyperion Essbase OLAP data source using the native OLAP functionality. The report works properly in Crystal but when we try to run the report using a web interface and ASP script it just hangs.

All other reports we have tried that use different data sources work properly through the web interface. Anything special that needs to be done?

This was not a very helpful link unfortunately. The User Guide is over 100 pages long and says nothing about the problem we are facing.

Let me rephrase the question:

Is it possible to display an OLAP Grid within the web ActiveX viewer using ASP and RDC? I think this is where our problem lies.

Sorry, search for OLAP within, I saw a bit on OLAP and RDC in there, thought it might be helpful.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back