Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to network printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2002
US
Help. I am running W2k Pro. We have a print server with approximately 40 printers. We have multiple HP 4050 Tn printers. I am able to install som 4050's, but with others I get an error message of "driver not loaded for this printer. Do you want to install this driver locally" (Paraphrased). Other workstations running W2k do not have this issue. Any insights. Thanks.

KK

I dont see a problem with this issue. It sounds like since the 4050 driver is not loaded locally on the PC you're installing it to, it's prompting for you to install the driver..which should be done automatically on a print server.

Is it not doing that? Maybe i misunderstood your problem..
Also, make sure you have drivers allocated for Windows2000 on the print server itself to pull from the client. You cant use a Win98 4050 driver on a Windows2000 machine.

Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back