Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connecting to iis site through dsl problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

falinxcopernicus

Technical User
Feb 8, 2004
IE
Hi everyone,

I'm going slightly mad so if anyone can stop this slide into insanity I would really appreciate it. The problem you see is this. I need to access a win2k server with a basic web page utilising iis. I have set this page up and if I try to access the server behind this dsl box I can see the web page. I have made sure that this page is the default page and that anonymous access is allowed to it under iis. Now if I try to get to my no-ip address on port 8080, I am able to access and administer the dsl router. I am using a planet ade3000 router which utilises a conexant board (as far as I am aware). The port forwarding is actually called "virtual server" which I have mapped for port 80 public to port 80 private mapping, with both tcp and udp. I have also tried the dmz option which has done nothing either. I then also tried hosting it on port 6000 and forwarding the respective ports to no avail. So now I sit in a haze, confused as to why this is happening??? If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

i believ that to be able to see it from the net you have to give read permmission to the user. i hope you can understand what i am trying to say. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back