Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to FoxPro DB with VB6 & ADO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
GB
Hi,

I've been using ADO to connect to FoxPro free tables via a System DSN in VB6. I have no problem passing SQL over to SELECT from tables into a Recordset, but when I pass an UPDATE statement (via an ADO Command) I got an error stating that I hadn't locked the Records. However, it performed a batch update of every field in my table, which certainly wasn't what I specified in code! Can anyone help me with this, as it's completely ruined a massive set of data I'd set up...

Thanks in advance,

Benedict.

What about trying to access the data through JET? It has native Foxpro access functionality.

Regardless of the access method - The other thing is that you may be as well to test your updates in the foxpro environment as you may find the SQL syntax isn't quite the same (I'm not saying it isn't - I'm just saying you'd be as well to check it out).

The Foxpro environment (as far as I remember) also has a sort of intuitive command building facilty - you may be as well to build your command up in Foxpro and then when you have it the way you want it put it into your VB app.

Or maybe you could do your DB updates in a Foxpro app that is called from your vb app.

Just a few ideas, best of luck with it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back