Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connecting to disconnected sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren97

MIS
Nov 29, 2003
GB
Hi

We have 6 servers in our PS4 farm, disconnected users are only logged back in to their disconnected session if the load evaluator happens to push them to the server they were disconnected from, otherwise they are being logged on with a new session on a different server. I am getting support calls from disconnected users and the only way to get them back on their disconnected session is to quickly take the other servers out of the farm and leave the server they were disconnected from in the farm, they then get logged back in to their disconnected session. I *think* I have everything configured correctly and would appreciate any advice.

Regards, Darren

I would double check that you have your settings to reconnect to disconnected sessions set properly because i've never seen it not work.

I have that checked all the settings on all 6 servers, all configured correctly. I have taken a server a time out of the farm and have isolated one server that when in the farm the reconnections to disconnected sessions fails, when this server is out of the farm reconnection works fine, so at least it has now been isolated to this particular server and I can now troubleshoot further.

Regards, Darren

Do you have the option "connection limits/Limit connections per user" checked on your farm ? If yes , how many connections ?

Try to set this value to 1 (one) and repeat test, probably your disconnected users will be logged back into their disconnected session again.

Hope this can help....

Fbacchin

I have that set, again, with the 'rogue' Citrix box out of the equation the recoonections work fine. I'm probably going to spend a little more time on this and then if I can't resolve, will pull the 2nd server and re-image it.

Thanks very much for everyones input

Regards, Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back