Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to Different Post Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2001
US
Hi. We are running GroupWise 5.5.4 with one domain and four post offices that are located in four different locations. Suddenly, employees visiting one of our locations are unable to check their email located in a different post office. For example, the problem is occurring in our Mexico location and when Maryland PO members try to check their email from Mexico, they click OK and the globe just stops turning and they have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to end GroupWise. I have had them try on multiple PCs with the same result. They are able to ping the post office. I am able to login as a Mexico PO member from here in Maryland without a problem. I checked the logfile on the POA of the Mexico server and I can see the users' login and get redirected, but the Maryland log file shows no sign of them logging in so it's as if they are not reaching the PO. This was just working a couple of weeks ago and nothing has changed that I'm aware of. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Try doing a rebuild of the postoffice database. You do this with in NWadmin - Tools - GroupWise utiltites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back