Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to Citrix across internet ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2001
US
I have 2 Cisco 1601's connected with frame relay. One of them also has a 128kb pipe to the internet. I am using Nat at both sites. How would I go about adding a connection to my Citrix server from the internet? I was told I could add some sort of port addressing to the main router with the internet connection.
Thanks in advance.

First, you need to make sure that TCP Port 1494 and UDP Port 1604 are open for traffic.

If you are using a 1-to-1 NAT to provide an external address to your Citrix server, then you need to let the server know that. Go to a command prompt on the Citrix server and type:

ALTADDR /SET ww.xx.yy.zz (substitute the external address of your Citrix box)

On the client, in the APPSRV.INI file, add the following line (in the [TCPIP] section)

UseAlternateAddress=1

That should do it. Unless you have a DNS record pointing to that server across the web, you'll have to connect to it using the TCP/IP address (instead of the name).

Hope this helps...:cool:
- Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

Bill,
should we have a public ip pointed to the citrix box?
Thx.
-- SAM --

It depends on what type of router you have and how your server is connecting to the internet.

For example, if you are only using the ICA client, and a single IP with NAT, then you will have to set up port forwarding in your router to direct all traffic on those two ports to the address of your Citrix server; that is it.

If however, you have multiple IP numbers, a direct map, and are implementing Nfuse, then you need to do as Voyager suggested.

Ashaman074,
Thx for your response. It means that the citrix box should be able to be seen from out side either using NAT IP mapping or just opening the box' port. Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back