Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to Access DB through Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpm32

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
US
I've got a database the people connect to through Citrix. They've been having issues connecting more than one user at a time. I've done some reading and it suggested splitting the database will help with this issue.

I've tried to do that but when the users try to access the tables in the DB they get an error; G:\Vendor\VendorRecord_be.mdb is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

I'm sure this issue is caused because Citrix is not calling the DB from the same drive name as I access it from.

How can I split this DB so that I don't get this error?

Thanks, in advance.

When you split the database, every user should have his/her own front end. You can then map by whatever drive letter each user wants to use.

Randy

Hmm, I thought about that but in this case, the users are accessing the DB from India which is why we're using Citrix.

Not sure why they're having issues with multiple users accessing the DB at the same time. I have several other DB's on Citrix that do not have any issues.

Even though the Application is on the "server" with Citrix, each user still should have their own copy of the FrontEnd. The backEnd should be linked using UNC names (Universal Naming Convention) which is what the Linked Table manager uses if you use MyNetworkPlaces. (\\Servername\PathToBackEnd\BackEnd.mdb)

(RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP acXP, ac07 - winXP Pro, Win7 Pro
Please respond to this forum so all may benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back