Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to a cisco router

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensey

Programmer
Sep 10, 2003
US
Hi

Could some help me on how to cross connect a Panasonic KXTD 816D to a cisco router on E&M configuration?. I already tried a cross connection config. But when i take a line (i.e. line C05) it automatically takes line C06. can some one tell me a helpfull trick. Thank you

Hi sensey,

I do not believe Panasonic makes any of their systems with an analogue E/M connection, only 2-wire Tip/Ring, BRI, T1, & PRI. (The only exception might be the DBS series.) You may need to get a different Cisco module, an FXS type and configure for loop-start, unless Cisco makes a universal type. Then it is a matter of setting up the proper config. The 2-wire T/R circuit on the 816D is looking for loop battery. When the 816D senses no battery, it will search for another line. The docs from Cisco should provide info about the modules.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Hi syquest, thanks, yes panasonic makes analog e&m modules, i just bought it, and install it on my 816. But im really having some troubles with it.

Hi sensey,
What type of E/M interface does the module provide? Is this a USA unit? What code is it assigned, KX-TD1?? ? The E/M connecting arrangements go by type. Types 1 thru 5 and the leads range from 4 to 8. So you will have to describe in detail what you have. Also what Cisco documentation do ypu have for that part of the set up? It probably gives a list of options too.

What kind of ckt are you trying to connect? Is it a tie trunk? None of the USA Panasonic manuals I have for the KX-TD816/1232 have any mention of anything E/M. So I can't help you there, but I can help on the wire side once you provide some info.

....JIM....

Hi syquest, yes on the instalation manual you have the part number, but if you dont have it here it is, KX-TD184, the type is V and the operation is four wires.

In the USA the term "4-wire E/M" has the following leads for type V: transmit pair, receive pair, an E/M pair, and "2-wire E/M" has these leads for type V: talk pair, an E/M pair. These leads would be crossconnected to the same leads on the Cisco module for your circuit of the appropriate type. You would also have to program the TD184 module in the Panasonic depending upon what the other end is doing or its particular use (Tie trunk, etc.).

Panasonic in the USA does not market or sell a KX-TD184. That is why there is nothing in the domestic documents. I guess you use them in Russia alot?

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back