Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting third PC to my peer-peer network Win98SE ICS gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzman995

Technical User
Jun 1, 2004
GB
Hi

I have two Win98SE PC's networked via a crossover cable to each other. I have Win98SE ICS on one of these and broadband through cable so both have access to the net. I play Age of Empires and can play either two local players, or one local player and one remote player on a third machine which is remote and on the other side of my ICS gateway/router(?).
I have port forwarding enabled to allow outside users to play. My issue (I think) is that only one port 2400 is visible to the outside world on my external IP address. Is there any way to bring this third machine into my internal tcp/ip network? Would VPN or PPTP do this, and is this avialable on Win98 machines? The third machine is a friends and is an XP box through a Vigor 2200 router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back