Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Progress DB to SQL Report Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambo12

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
AU
Ok, big question this one:

I want to create a report model project in MS Visual Studio 2005, connecting to a Progress Openedge Database.

I can successfully connect to the progress database, and pull some data from SQL Reporting Services. However, when I try to create a report model project, I get errors.

Firstly, I create a new data source, and test the connection, and it works fine. The Connection method is ODBC, using "Progress Openedge 10.2A Driver".

I then attempt to create a Data Source View. I can see the tables, and choose which ones I want to include, however, when I click finish, I get the following error:

===================================

ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Syntax error in SQL statement at or about "[PUB].[AHFaultAction]" (10713) (pgoe1023.dll)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Design.DataSourceConnection.FillDataSet(DataSet dataSet, String schemaName, String tableName, String tableType)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Design.DSVUtilities.ExportDataSet(DataSourceView& dsv, DataSourceConnection conn, ArrayList tableList, ArrayList viewList, ArrayList sysTableList, ArrayList sysViewList, IServiceProvider serviceProvider, ProgressBar progressBar)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Wizards.DSVWizardForm.OnFinish(CancelEventArgs e)

========================

Doing a bit of searching around, and I have found this is most likely an issue with SQL putting square brackets around the statement, which Progress doesnt recognise.
Relevant topic:
I am really doing my head in with this problem. It is holding back some major advances...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back