Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting PHP to Windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garabaldi

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
CA
Hi Y'all...

I am having troubles connecting to my PHP script to SQL Server 2000 database running on a Windows 2003 box.

Here is an example of a php code I use to pull from an SQL Server 2000 database running on an Windows 2003 Server box:

<?php
$Connect = mssql_connect("database", "username", "password");
mssql_select_db("otss");

$system = mssql_query("select name from tb_system order by name", $Connect);
while($name=mssql_fetch_row($system)) {
$n = $name[0];
echo "NAME = $n <BR>";
}
mssql_close($Connect);
?>

This is what I see on the web site when I load it:
Warning: mssql_connect(): Unable to connect to server: sm1c0h in E:\ApacheWeb\htdocs\angelo\connect_pull.php on line 2

Warning: mssql_select_db(): Unable to connect to server: (null) in E:\ApacheWeb\htdocs\angelo\connect_pull.php on line 3

Warning: mssql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in E:\ApacheWeb\htdocs\angelo\connect_pull.php on line 3

Warning: mssql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MS SQL-Link resource in E:\ApacheWeb\htdocs\angelo\connect_pull.php on line 5

Warning: mssql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MS SQL-result resource in E:\ApacheWeb\htdocs\angelo\connect_pull.php on line 6

Warning: mssql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MS SQL-Link resource in E:\ApacheWeb\htdocs\angelo\connect_pull.php on line 10

But if I change the link to a server running Windows 2000 on it this code works fine.

Does anyone know where I can find resources how to resolve this issue or can maybe tell me what I need to do to connect php to a windows 2003 box?

Thanks
Angelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back