Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Outlook to Palm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagineer

Mar 28, 2000
US
<br>I bought a Palm from Franklin-Covey and use their software, etc. at home.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm happy with that.&nbsp;&nbsp;At work we just changed to using Microsoft Outlook with Exchange Server.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm trying to sync with that also.&nbsp;&nbsp;No go.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've installed the latest Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager.&nbsp;&nbsp;No go.&nbsp;&nbsp;The other people in the office say that they had an option on installation.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't get that option.<br><br>Anybody have any ideas?<br>TIA,<br>

Hello!<br>I know you need a &quot;conduit&quot; to synch the Palm to Outlook.&nbsp;&nbsp;Check the various web sites to obtain one.<br><br>I use Outlook at home and at work, and synch both PC's with my Palm V.&nbsp;&nbsp;I did not need to install an added conduit, so I think my version of Palm OS (3.1.1) included it.<br><br>I don't know how well your Palm device will choke-down synching with two different organizers, but that might be the reason you did not receive Outlook prompts as your colleagues did.<br><br>Hope this helps...&nbsp;&nbsp;Good luck!<br>-- Susan

I would check the CD that came with your palm.&nbsp;&nbsp;You should have a program on the CD called &quot;Pocket Mirror&quot; I believe the publishing company is Chapura.<br><br>The program is available on either the CD as part of your purchase of the palm unit or can be had for about $15, directly from the publisher.<br><br>There may be other conduits available for free or a lower cost on zdnet.com, but I use MS Outlook with my palm and the Pocket Mirror program has opperated flawlessly to date.<br><br>Good Luck,<br><br>Gordon

Thanks,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;I found it on the Bonus Disk of one of my coworkers.&nbsp;&nbsp;Works great.<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back