Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Oracle 9i database from PowerBuilder12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooneVA

Programmer
Aug 21, 2015
GB
Hello,

We are trying to migrate PowerBuilder from 10.0 to 12.6. The database we have been using is Oracle 9i. There has been no issue connecting from PB10.0.
We tried the same DB configuration on PB12.6 to Oracle 9i. On the DB profile setup - Preview tab, "Test Connection" returned connection successful. Datawindows can also connect to DB and retrieve data without any issue.

However, at the Application level, we were not able to connect when running the executable.
l_connection = Create n_tr
l_connection.of_connect()
returned -1.

Note that driver pbo90126.dll does exist in local directory: C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder

Could you advise why the development layer connection is established whereas the application layer connection is not?
Thank you.

You have the exact connection parameters in the transaction object as you use in the db connection in the painter?

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back