Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting multiple TVs in different location

Status
Not open for further replies.

tskirankumar

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2012
Hi All,

I've a requirement for my company. Please let me know how to implement this.

We have 3 different locations around 3 KM radius. Each location has 15 LED TVs.

Requirement 1 : If my MD wants to talk with his employees, He will give his speech in the conference room and that must be viewed by the employees "LIVE" in all the TVs. We have conference rooms in all the locations. He must be able to talk from any of the locations.

Requirement 2 : We have online conferences from US and that must be viewed by the employees in the TVs.

Is there any solution for this??

yes it is called video conferencing. Theres lots of manufacturers that make this, CISCO, Sony, Polycom, lifesize. The leader is cisco and the most expensive but it integrates the best and will ride on top of your existing network (assuming it can handle the load).
Ciscos product is called telepresence and they have incorporated the Tandberg line into their product line since they purchaced Tandberg 2-3yrs ago.

Thanks whykap. I've gone through Polycom website yesterday but thought they were expensive. Can't we implement this by our own? If all the TVs are in the same building/location, I can implement this.
PC -> NTSC/PAL Convertor -> RF Amplifiers -> Splitters -> TVs..

We have got a problem only because we have 3 different locations. Telecast a Live video in 3 different locations??

How are you going to capture live video and project that live to 3 locations and in the US as well with analog convertors?
You need video conferencing, if this is a business need then your MD should be able to to an ROI on this.

Perhaps you could look into streaming the video via intranet. You could:

1. just elimnate the TV and use PC's
2. use PC's hooked to the TV's
3. use 1 PC per location with splitters, amps, etc

The last 2 sound like they could get messy.

-CL

Yep, you need video conferencing

Trying to lash this up is a mistake!

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I think ... best solution would be creating your own RF QAM channel and distribute it over fiber and Coax network ,
check this product from Thor Broadcast ,H-2HDMI-QAM-IP - it has HDMI or HDSDI or component video input and RF QAM output and also IP output .
RF you can send optically using fiber optic transmitter and receiver and locally using standard COAX network , it is like creating your own private channel , witch you can see on all TV on the COAX .
They have device up to 4 separate inputs , additionally unit has IP TS output , so you can send video over IP Ethernet network , and receive video using IP STV like Amino

You could do this on a budget if you want, not how I'd do it though.

Requirements:
1 HD Webcam + mics
1 Video Server & / or 1 Streaming media server
15 PC's
Optionally 30 VGA / HDMI to CAT5 extenders (to get the signal to the TV's)
Decent WAN / LAN links.

Then a whole lot of trial and error and patience.

VC is designed for multiparty conferencing, i.e. all people can speak. You are asking for a broadcasting solution.

So what you would have is the Primary site go to the Video server / media server. This is then picked up and played back by the 15 pc's and then pumped out to the TV's.

Have a look here for ideas

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back