Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting laptop to the domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

missmolly

Technical User
May 25, 2002
IE

I've got a laptop that I'd like to connect to my work domain, I like to have the option of using my laptop in the office or say for instance that I forget it, I'd like to be able to log onto any of the office terminals. Is connecting the laptop and creating a roaming profile created in the same way as if I was doing it for an ordinary terminal??

Thanks!
Normally I right click My Computer, Network ID, Properties and then add the domain name etc. I don't have this option when I right click My Computer on the laptop??

You don't have the option to join a domain? Are you local Admin? You're not using XP, are you?

Has the laptop joined the domain? Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Cicero (106-43 B.C.); Roman orator, philosopher.

No the laptop has not joined the domain, there is only one user, the laptop is 2000? I really don't know??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back