Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting into Meridian 1 CS1000 option 11c

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Wong

Technical User
Mar 18, 2017
CA
The year is 2017 and I've been using a hand me down laptop that runs on windows xp. My predecessor has told me that since windows 7/vista etc hyperterminal isn't available. I know that you can extract the files and such, but I'm going to be given a new laptop with windows 10 soon and I would like to know what are the best/easiest/most preferred way to connect into a pbx. I'm still learning as much as I can about programming and I've attempted to use putty but the setup and configuration is beyond my level of understanding.
I need a broken down simple -
-what program works best
-what settings to apply

Thank you wonderful smarter ppl out there in the world wide web.

I use ZOC good as most connection types SSH,RLOGIN,Serial etc available and get your self a USB serial cable. Also I like the REXX script used on ZOC.

Hey guys

Will the trial versions suffice? I've purchased a usb serial adapter already and its been working fine. I really like the simplicity of hyperterminal where i just need to select the com port and the speed to 9600 and I'm in.

Use whatever you are happy with. For experienced engineers, the use of scripts to make mass changes can only be done with certain tools. The trial version of ZOC is good to try.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back