Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting IIS on Machine A to SQL on Machine B

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripk

Programmer
Jul 26, 2004
US
I need to authenticate IIS (IUSR_MACHINEA) to SQL Server on machine B. A and B are on a local network but there is no Active Directory or Domain Controller.

I've added IUSR_MACHINEA as a User on Machine b and given it permissions in SQL but IIS still can't connect.

I think that if IUSR_MACHINEA passwords on both machines were the same it might work, but I don't know the pw that IIS assigned when it created the IUSR account.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rip

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Would using SQL Server log in require passing the user name and pw with each request? If not, how would I go about creating the IUSR_MachineA account on the SQL Server?

I've tried creating an account as MachineA\IUSR_MachineA but it does not accept that.

If I knew the IUSR pw I think it would work. I'm not sure if anything might be affected if I change the IUSR pw on MachineA.

Thanks

You will want to create a SQL Account and use that to log in. Or you will need to get a domain, and have the web site log in with a domain account.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back