Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connecting Arcserve 6.61 from w2000 admin pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougcamus

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2002
CL
Hi,
I have one backup server running nt4 (sp6a) with ASO 6.61 (build 885). on my win2000 (spack2) i want to monitor the jobs so i installed the server admin part of arcserve 6.61 ..but i cannot connect to the server (is asking me the user/password. i put the service account that i used to install the aso server but is rejecting the connection..i checked my nt account (with the extra user rights) but it did'nt work. I have another partition with NT4 and with the same procedure it works !!...
is Aso 6.61 incompatible to administering from win2000 ???

Regards from Chile

Yup, build 885 cannot support win2000. Only build 897 can, and as you can imagine, it isn't available anymore due to the ARCserve 2000 push.

Sorry.

g

Something you could attempt would be to use the arcserve 2000 manager only on the win2000 box, and then try managing it that way, but I have not tried this so I do not know if this will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back