Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting an internal (Supervisor-) call to a CCT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWoelle

Programmer
Feb 12, 2004
DE
Hello,

I have a problem which seems to be unsolvable.
First, I will explain the environment and the main goal of the idea:

a) An agent shall not be able to dial out by himself. If he wants to place an outgoing call, he has to call a supervisor (Profile: Supervisor 2) or teamleader (Profile Supervisor 1).

b) Mandantory: the supervisor/teamleader must not know the number the agent wants to dial. By this, the option that the agents says the number to the supervisor before the sv dials it and connect both lines is not allowed.

I had some ideas to realize it:

1)
The agents' COS prohibits Public Network Calls.
By pressing the supervisor key, the agent is connected to the next available supervisor. The sv has to start an outgoing CCT by pressing Internal->#9CCT (which contains an announcement and a collect step), so that the agent will be able to dial out.
This does not work.
On the SVs display, an error message appears (like "waiting line is not a trunk").

2)
As we have no PBX (but 4-Digits reserved for PBX-Calls), i allowed the agents to dial out via PBX.
I wrote a CCT which selects the supervisor-group and set this up in the system administrator for PBX-calls.
Result: The agent calls a 4-Digit-Number (external) - the calls rings on the SV on external 1, but when he tries to connect it with the outgoing CCT, the same error as above occurs.

3)
Next attempt:
The agent calls the super-supervisor ;) internally. The supervisor dials a 4-Digit-Number on external 1 or 2 (see 2) - this number is recognized as a PBX-call). The outbound-CCT starts, but the sv is not able to connect the two lines. The connect key has no function at this point.

4)
Workaround (expensive):
Agent dials 4-Digit (PBX) externally. A special CCT dials a fixed number which is linked with a DDI in our ACD and routed to the supervisor-agent-group. The sv can connect it to the outgoing CCT.
..Now the call is coming in as a real external call, but this is not the best way, 'cause we need three trunks to handle this call and there are unnecessary costs.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Regards,
Woelle

Two quick questions.

1) Does it matter which method agents use to connect to a supervisor? (ie. sup key, special number, loop number)

2) Are there limitations on how the Supervisor can place the outbound call? (cct only, direct dial, trunk select)

No, this does not matter.
The only important thing is:
He must not use the external line 'cause we want to switch off the ability to place Public Network Calls.

I have to extend my answer:

1) the agent has to call the supervisor w/o using the external lines
2) the supervisor must not have the ability to know the number -> the agent must dial the number by himself

The reason the first three ideas won't work is because only a trunk can be "transferred" to a CCT. Idea four is the only work around that will work that I can think of, however, you don't need to dial to a PBX. You can get a couple DTIC2 cards and loop one into the other. This would give you 48 trunks to use. You can then have the agent either dial a four digit number on outside line or a #8 number on inside line and have the CCT dial a number down a trunk that loops back into Aspect.

I thought of one other rather elaborate option, but it would require Contact Server to be in place as well. Basically, you would have all agents connect to a CCT for outbound calls that requires a password to use. The supervisor would need some quick web page or applet to enter the agent extension and create a pin to give the agent. The agent would put their extension and pin in, contact server would do a lookup, and either prompt for the number to dial, or try the pin again for failure. The workflow could then remove the db record, so a pin is only good once. So an agent would only be able to place an outbound call with permission, and could not share his pin with another user.

However, all that is moot unless you happen to have Contact Server in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back