Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting a Snom PA1 to an NEC SL2100 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomgear

Technical User
Dec 16, 2005
US
I'm trying to connect a Snom to an NEC sl2100. I have the Sip third party license. I've created an IP extension 126. I've followed the: Configuring a VoIP Phone Using Automatic Registration on the NEC SL2100 or SL1100 from my distributor. I have an IP address for the Snom and have connected to it and done or attempted to register my extension with Identity 1. I've saved the programming on the Snom but it won't register. I have not changed the Security and Admin password within the Snom GUI. Do I need to do this to continue? Under Registar, I put the IP address of the PBX 192.168.1.231. Does it need to have a :5060 addition? I'm missing something in programming somewhere.

Any help would be awesome.

Hello telecomgear,

Assuming all other programming is correct, try port 5070.

All 3rd party SIP phones register on port 5070 on the NEC.

(Unless the port number 5070 has been changed in 84-20)

We had to go to the Snom, Identity 1, SIP, Support Broken Registrar, Turn On, to get it to register.

Thank you telecomgear,

I will note that for the next time I light one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back