Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting a printer to a Parallels Virtual Machine on Mac System

Status
Not open for further replies.

T22S

Technical User
Jan 18, 2008
GB
I am running Parallels Desktop on a MacBook Pro machine with Mac OS S version 10.4.11 operating system.
I have a home wireless network set up that comprises:
1. - Netgear wireless router, directly connected to a broadband internet via a hard-wire connection.
2. - An Airport Extreme base station, directly connected to an HP Color Laserjet 2605dn printer.
3. - a Mac G5 computer wirelessly connected to the network
4. - the MacBook Pro laptop wirelessly connected to the network
5. - a Parallels Desktop virtual machine (running on the MacBook Pro) using Windows XP Pro as its operating machine.

I do not know how to set up the network printer on the virtual machine. I have tried connecting to the network in Windows but am obviously doing something wrong as the printer does not appear on the network, and I'm not sure if the network connection on the Windows machine is actually connected to the Airport wireless network. It does not appear to be.

Can anyone help with the steps I need to go through to connect the virtual machine to the wireless network so that I can print to my network printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back