Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting a Music source for MOH

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgreen2

Programmer
Aug 10, 2002
US
I was planning to use a pioneer cd changer that is not being used right now as the music source. My question is can a device such as this be used as it only has RCA outputs on the back and no headphone output or volume control? If not what is a good device to use if we simply want to use CD's to generate the music played into the system? Thanks.

I would suggest one of the walkman style cd players since they have the volume control on them, Norstar dosen't have any volume controls on the input for MOH. as for the actual connection your electronics store should have a pre-made jack to spade cord that you can use. the cable pins for your system are in the wiring info portion of the FAQs for this forum. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

The output of the Pioneer will probably be too hot for the input of the phone system. I used a Burtek Tel-1 volume control last week to resolve this problem. You will need to bare the RCA cable as the Tel-1 has screw terminals. There is a volume control to tweak the output too the desired level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back