Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting a Dialog 3214

Status
Not open for further replies.

anticristo

Technical User
Sep 8, 2007
VE
Hello all.

I need to configure a Dialog 3214 whit Secretary/Boss function. Following Alex, I changed ITYPE to 20, but I'm not really sure if I have to set up other buttons and functions by another commands.

Can someone help me :( ?

Hi

Boss/Sec function is related to parameter BSEC in KSCAC/KSEXI command.
BSEC=1 mean Secretary and BSEC=2 mean Boss.
SEC can be any type of extention, but Boss can only be DTS (that's an Ericsson stupidity)
Then your boss is filtered by all secretary that belongs to Profil list 1 only.
The activation/deactivation of the function is made by a TNS where you specify PEN =1 on the boss and PEN=Boss DTS number on the Secretary.
There is a complete description of the feature in Alex, from BC12 up to Mxone TSE (if your system is in this range of software release of course....)

Good luck

oops - 3214 is an operator DTS
Therefore it can only be setup as normal DTS, as you have done, and not as operator.
Just for precision if the sec is something else than DTS (ME, GE, DECT, IP, ATS...) you cannot activate the filtering, as you don't have the key function for the Personal Number, and only the boss can activate/deactivate the feature.

Thank you Fouenant. I followed Alex configuring that but seems that I have to configure extra buttons, however, setting ITYPE as 20 doesn't work. Dialog 3214 is a 20?.

Besides I need secretary can recieve more than 3 external calls and that's something I cant find how to do :S

Thank you again, any help would be appreciated

the 3214 can only be used for OPI not normal extension. (or am I missing something here?)

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back