Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting a Definity to a Newbridge MUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a T1 line connected to a Newbridge Mux at one end. The Newbridge connected to another Newbridge via a leased line. A Lucent Definity connected to the Newbridge via an E1 at the other end. I've just not been able to make the Lucent work properly.
The main problems are:
1) the Definity does not release the phone life at the end of a call.
2) when a call is made to a system that has a DID, the only way to get connected to the required extension is to press the telephone key pad very carefully and with a pause.

The phone ( extensions ) on the Definity are analogue phones working in Tone mode.

A bert tester attached between the T1 and the Newbridge at one end shows that the lines are being held either by the Newbridge or the Lucent at the other end.

Can somebody help in solving this problem.

Regards
Santosh John

Which trunk type in Definity (ISDN or tie-E&M)?
If you have tie-trunk may be you should invert signaling bit (first try invert only B).
What the switch from T-1 side?

Sorry,
I forgot to ask which type of Newbridges?
What do you mean "leased line"? (If it just FXs connected to FXo modules
in 3624 to 3630 NeBridges you will have the problem with clearing the line).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back