Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting a Cisco 3600 to a TN556 BRI LINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpegote

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2001
ES
Does anybody know how to connect a 3600 Cisco Router to a TN556 BRI-LINE or where can I find some documents about how to do it?

The cisco Router is now working OK connected directly to a S/T interface but, when I connect the BRI Interface of the Router to the Definity WCBRI station, is imposible to establish the connection.

Please, I need some help.

Hi
Do you have data-module switched ON on first page of the wcbri station form?
And check country protocol. I use data-module form (not station) and we have Cisco 2610 but I think it will no big difference with BRI ports. In station form (or in data module form) we have CountryProtocol -1, XID-N, Fixed TEI-N, Endpnt Init-N. In Cisco config you set the US ISDN protocol (i don't remmeber what exactly 5ess or US-National or something like that).
regards

I'm in Europe so the options will be different, no??

Very likely the protocol you would choose is ETSI.
The second parameter that needs to be correct is
the TEI configuration. Enter a zero for Point-to-point
or n for automatic TEI (Which is usualy done in a
Point-to-multipoint configuration). Do not use
XID, as this is US parameter.

I have a Cisco 2611 connected to the BRI line on the Definity. I am based in the UK, so have Euro setup. Create a data module as follows:

DATA MODULE

Data Extension: 1130 Name: ISDN Support Line 1
Type: wcbri COS: 1
Port: 01A0505 COR: 1 Multimedia? n
TN: 1

ABBREVIATED DIALING
List1:

SPECIAL DIALING OPTION:

CIRCUIT SWITCHED DATA ATTRIBUTES
Default Duplex: full Default Mode: sync Default Speed: 64000

DATA MODULE CAPABILITIES
Default ITC: unrestricted Default Data Application: M2_A

DATA MODULE

BRI LINK/MAINTENANCE PARAMETERS

XID? n Fixed TEI? n
Country Protocol: etsi Endpt Init? n

and setup the router with:

interface BRI1/0
isdn switch-type basic-net3

I have a problem with adding the data modules into a hunt group because the switch only uses one of the BRI lines. The hunt group becomes busy after only half the lines are used. I will post this as a separate question.

tw500,

A huntgroup wil not do the trick. Say the first call is answered by a datamodule a second call will not be answered as the Definity sees the datamodule "active". What might do
the trick is using a VDN and a vector with a route to step to the datamodule extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back