Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting a C1000M to a Shoretel system with a PRI, without QSIG software package 305.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigmo36

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
The system wouldn't let me enter the NI2 setting. Anybody got any ideas around this?

Oh, sorry, the CS1000. Can't get the two systems to communicate with each other. Thank God we don't need the Shoretel system just yet. :+)

Need more detail as KCFLHRC pointed out. Both systems support NI2, but I would recommend purchasing QSIG on your Nortel.

But purchasing QSIG would require upgrading from software version 5.50J to whatever's the flavor of the day now (I think it's 7.5 or something). Is there no way around that?

In my experience tying nortel to shoretel without QSIG all you can do is use a straight T-1.

Yeah, the straight T-1 option was mentioned, but the Shoretel guy said it can't be done.

bc is right had same issue with out qsig better off getting Shoretel system ready to cut over. Using regular t-1 service you have not features only calling between the two systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back