Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connected No Internet, Secured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello i have a laptop yesterday everything is fine then after this morning i having a problem with my network. It's connected but No internet.

I try to connect to other networks even on my mobile hotspot still I have same issue even I'm using Wired or network adapter.
I also try to reset network flushdns but Without any luck I still have those error :(

please help :(

First step - reboot all modems, routers, gateways, switches - any route that your internet travels over.

You are assuming you actually HAVE internet service??? Can you verify that with a computer from a friend/neighbor or call your ISP to verify that their service is working. That would be the second step.

If that doesn't work, reset the IP stack. From an elevated command prompt:
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

REBOOT COMPUTER

If no luck, download a malware scanning tool/bootable CD and check for malware

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

@goombawaho, Yes I Reboot everything routers, switches etc.
Yes they have internet and my other computers also.
Even I use my Mobile data for internet also it's not working.

I also do solution using command prompt as you suggest, But again I still have this errors.

Thanks!

1. Can you ping your gateway? (i.e. ping 192.168.0.1)
2. Can you ping a known external IP address? (i.e. ping 8.8.8.8)
3. Can you ping by a fqdn? (i.e. ping
If you cannot do #1, check your IP address, subnet, gateway, and link status.
If you can do #1, but not #2, check your router, insure that you are connected to the internet.
If you can do #2, but not #3, check your DNS settings, flush your DNS Cache, etc.

You may also try the built-in network troubleshooter. Believe it or not, it's one of the better troubleshooters that Windows has.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

I already do the troubleshoot. And take me a day to find out. It's because of a Anti virus he activated offline mode >.<

Anyway thanks for the help :)

Thanks for giving us the reason for the problem. That wasted a lot of time for you!!!

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back